Fresh Gallery is pleased to announce a call for entries for the 2022 Fresh Gallery Photography Show. This competition is open to local and regional amateur and professional photographers. Submitted images must be the photographer’s own work, and it is the sole responsibility of the photographer to obtain written releases from any recognizable person(s) depicted. Two-dimensional work derived from any photographic process — traditional, digital, or photo-based mixed media — is eligible as long as the work is original and has never been exhibited at Fresh Gallery. Three–dimensional and audio/video work is not eligible for this competition and exhibition.
Visit Fresh Gallery's website to apply here.
Following is the prospectus for the exhibition.
401 N Boonville, Springfield, MO 65806
- Open to all local and regional artists
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- $30 non-refundable entry fee – up to three submissions
- $20 non-refundable entry fee for students – up to three submissions
- Any photographic process — traditional, digital, or photo-based mixed media
- All works must be original and available to exhibit during the exhibition period.
- Please see the Submission Guidelines Section for more information.
- EXHIBITION PERIOD: Friday, February 4 through Friday, February 29, 2022
- RECEPTION AND AWARDS CEREMONY: Friday, February 4, from 6:00 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- We encourage you (the photographer) to attend the awards ceremony at Fresh Gallery during the First Friday Art Walk.
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Sunday, January 16, by midnight.
- NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTED SUBMISSIONS: Thursday, January 20
- DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED SUBMISSIONS: January 25-29, during business hours from 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- PICKUP OF ACCEPTED SUBMISSIONS: March 1-5, during business hours from 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
*Accepted work must be picked up and dropped off at Fresh Gallery.
*Fresh Gallery will not accept shipped works or return shipped works.
*Accepted work that is not delivered by the delivery date will not be included in the exhibition.
*Any work left past March 5 will be considered abandoned and may be disposed of as we see fit.
- All work will be juried online in digital format and in-person to make award selections.
- Artists will be notified by email for each submission accepted to the juried show.
- First Place: prize money awarded
- Second Place: prize money awarded
- Third Place: prize money awarded
- $30 non-refundable entry fee - up to three submissions
- $20 non-refundable entry fee for students - up to three submissions
- You will be required to submit a digital picture of each entry as a JPG.
- Submission image attachments must be smaller than 4 mg, with a minimum of 960 pixels and a maximum of 3600 pixels on the longest side.
- Finished dimensions of work must not exceed 24" in the longest direction, including the frame.
- No collaborations.
- All works must have been completed in the last three years.
- Works previously exhibited at Fresh Gallery will not be accepted.
- Submitted images must be the photographer’s own work, and it is the sole responsibility of the photographer to obtain written releases from any recognizable person(s) depicted.
- Current Fresh Gallery members are not eligible to enter.
- Fresh Gallery assumes the right to reproduce any entry for publicity related to this or future exhibitions.
- Fresh Gallery reserves the right to decline work substantially different from the image submitted or work deemed inappropriate for its audiences.
- For questions regarding your submission, don't hesitate to contact the Fresh Gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-862-9300.
- All work must be for sale. Fresh Gallery retains a 35% commission on pieces sold.
- If your work is accepted, you agree to allow Fresh Gallery to have exclusive rights to exhibit and sell your work in our gallery during the exhibit period.
- Fresh Gallery reserves the right to decline entries priced beyond fair market prices.
- Fresh Gallery will exercise all due care in handling work but will not be responsible for loss or damage. Artist agrees to release and to hold harmless Fresh Gallery, its volunteers, and agents from any and all liabilities and damages to artwork and/or persons as a result of any part of the artist’s participation in the exhibit. Submitting work will imply agreement on the part of the artist with this condition.
FRESH GALLERY PRESENTATION AND FRAMING POLICIES
Policies apply to all Fresh Gallery exhibitions. Fresh Gallery exhibits only original works of art. They must be conceived and created by the artist. Customers who purchase art from a professional art organization, such as Fresh Gallery, should receive professionally presented and framed artwork. It is the artist's sole responsibility to abide by current trademark and copyright laws.
WORKS ON PAPER:
- Artist must indicate edition size and number on any edition work. Fresh Gallery exhibits only original works of art. If it is an open edition, please state that clearly. (Printmaking and photography)
- All works on paper should be framed and matted or lifted away from the glass with archival matting or spacers.
- Frames and mats must be clean, professional quality, and undamaged.
- At delivery, all works must be wired and ready to hang. Sawtooth hangers and freestanding frames are NOT accepted.
WORKS ON CANVAS:
- Works on canvas do not need to be framed as long as the canvas's sides are clean or finished with a strip frame.
- The surface and corners should be taut, wrinkle-free, and free of visible threads or staples.
- At delivery, all works must be wired and ready to hang.
- All work must be completely dry.
WORKS ON OTHER MATERIALS:
Works on artboard, masonite, wood, acrylic, glass, metal, and so on must follow the previous requirements.
**Presentation must be clean and professional. Artwork that does not meet these requirements will not be displayed. Fresh Gallery reserves the right to remove any artwork that does not meet gallery standards.**
Visit Fresh Gallery's website to apply here.