In conjunction with our 16th Annual Bird-home Auction, we wanted to invite regional artists to create artworks under the theme of “Coming Home”. This theme encourages artists to create pieces that embody the visual and emotional aspect of home. During this pandemic, we have spent a lot of time at home, but what does home mean to you? From houses and bird-homes to family, friends, and places, home is what you make of it.
Habitat for Humanity helps provide and maintain homes for families in need. Through physically building and maintaining homes to educating families on important aspects of life, Habitat for Humanity shows that home is more than just a roof over someone’s head. This year, we wanted to celebrate their impact on families by hosting a group show, “Coming Home’, and a bird-home auction during the month of August.
35% of the proceeds from each piece sold go directly to help Habitat for Humanity provide safe, comfortable housing for families in need in the Springfield area.
- Artists must be residents of Missouri or adjacent state.
- There are no size restrictions for 2D work, but the artwork must be wired and ready for hanging.
- 3D works will also be accepted but must be no larger than 30”w x 30”d x 72”h and weigh no more than 70 pounds.
- Artists not able to physically deliver/pick-up artwork are responsible for shipping and return shipping.
- Submittion deadline : July 8th, 2022
- Selections notified: July 15th, 2022
- Artwork delivery: July 26th - July 30th, 2022
- Opening reception: Friday, August 5th, 2022 from 6-10pm
- Exhibition showing: August 5th - August 27th, 2022
How to submit:
All artwork must be submitted using the online form below by midnight CT July 8th, 2022. Due to limited space, all artwork will go through a selection process, and artists will be notified of selection by July 15th, 2022.