Artsfest on Walnut Street is the largest fine arts festival in Southwest Missouri. Thirty-nine years strong, Artsfest is a regional tradition attracting more than 20,000 art patrons annually. Artsfest 2019 will feature over 100 talented artists and is hosted by Springfield Regional Arts Council.
Don’t want to man a booth all weekend, but still want to get in on the fun?
You can apply to be one of our live artists! We’ll provide the primed 3x3 plywood and a $50 honorarium with which you can purchase art supplies. All YOU need to bring is your supplies and your creative skills. (You also might consider bringing sunscreen, snacks, a chair, blanket, etc.)
Here are the details...
- Who: Anyone can apply! Last year, we hosted 10 live artists at Artsfest, and we’re looking to add even more this year! Application deadline is March 1, 2019.
- What: Each artist will receive two panels to paint during Artsfest.
- When: Saturday, May 4 (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM) and Sunday, May 5 (10:00 AM – 5:00 PM). Live artists are expected to attend the entire event.
- Where: Historic Walnut Street between John Q. Hammons Parkway and National Avenue –Springfield, Missouri
- Live artists get the opportunity to interact and network with the Springfield community in a fun, family-friendly environment.
- After the event, the panels will go on display at The Creamery for the rest of the month of May where they can be purchased. Artists are welcome to set their own prices.
- Win a cash prize! Artsfest attendees vote for their favorite live artist pieces. First place is awarded $250, second $150 and third $100.
- Free lunch and drinks will be available to artists in the Hospitality House.
For additional information or questions, please contact:
Bethany Bell, Artsfest Manager