The Gillioz invites you to come and explore the rich architecture and design of the historic Gillioz theatre for the Fall 2018 Open Artist Competition! From the ceilings to the carpet you can find inspiration in every corner of the building. That is why we have decided not to accept any art inspired by the chandelier or the marquee this time around. Although these are two of our proudest focal points, we want to encourage our local artists to dig deeper and discover elements in the building that may otherwise go unnoticed.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
How much does it cost to enter?
- There is no entry fee! (FREE)
What kind of art is accepted?
- The art must be Gillioz Inspired but cannot be of the chandelier or marquee!
- All forms of art are accepted including but not limited to the following: drawing, painting, sculpture, and photography
- There are no size restrictions for the art
- You cannot enter more than 2 pieces of art
- All entries must be ready to hang
When can I come to the theatre?
- During the designated times listed (TBA) unless permission was granted otherwise
When can I turn my art in?
- Art is accepted 10am October 15th until 5pm October 29th.
- All entries must be accompanied by an entry form.
Where and when will my art be displayed?
- Art will be displayed in the common area between Dublin’s and the Gillioz November 2nd from 10am to 9pm during the First Friday Art Walk.
- We will have a show going on that night in the theatre so please be aware of that.
- The First Friday art display is FREE and open to the public so invite your family and friends!
How will I know if I won?
- Winners will be announced on the Gillioz Theatre Facebook page November 1st and contacted via email.
- 1st place winner will receive $200, second place $100, and third place $50.
When can I pick up my art?
- Art must be picked up by November 9th at 5 pm.
- Unclaimed art is forfeit after this time