Join us in a coast-to-coast celebration of the arts, and how important they are to our world!
Launched by Americans for the Arts over 30 years ago, National Arts & Humanities month includes the following goals (via Americans for the Arts website):
FOCUSING on the arts at local, state, and national levels;
ENCOURAGING individuals and organizations to participate in the arts;
ALLOWING governments and businesses to show their support of the arts; and
RAISING public awareness about the role the arts and humanities play in our communities and lives.
Here are some exciting ways to participate:
- INSTAGRAM CHALLENGE: Show Your Art - These 31 prompts get you thinking about what art you can't live without, sources of inspiration, poetry, and more!
- Attend or start a Creative Conversation. Here are a few in the region this month:
- Community Focus Report Launch on October 10th, at the Springfield Art Museum at 8am
- Forward SGF Workshop, hosted by Springfield Creatives on October 16th
- The Ozzies, celebrating the arts, with conversations with the best and brightest in the community
- Coming Soon: Community Concerts and Conversations, a three-part series
- CELEBRATE THE ARTS! Head to the (FREE) Springfield Art Museum, attend a play, take a Sculpture Walk, go to a concert. Bring the kids, too, if it's family friendly!
How are you celebrating the arts? Share with us at email@example.com or tag us on Instagram: @springfieldarts