THE LAST FIVE YEARS
Written and Composed by Jason Robert Brown
Originally Produced for the New York Stage by Arielle Tepper and Marty Bell
Originally Produced by Northlight Theatre, Chicago, IL
DIRECTOR: Josh Inmon
MUSIC DIRECTOR: Parker Payne
RUNTIME: 85 minutes with no intermission
AUDIENCE: The Last Five Years is rated PG-13 and contains adult themes, sexual references, and occasional strong language.
LOCATION: The Landers Theatre – 311 E Walnut St, Springfield, MO 65806
An emotionally powerful and intimate musical about two New Yorkers in their twenties who fall in and out of love over the course of five years. The show’s unconventional structure consists of Cathy telling her story backwards while Jamie tells his story chronologically. The two characters only meet once: at their wedding in the middle of the show.
Theatre the Social Distancing Way!
Our Covid-19 Policies
- We will no longer be able to allow audience members to choose their own seats. A seating chart will be created roughly a week before the date of the show, and seating assignment will be sent via email at that time. Audience members with mobility restrictions should contact the box office as soon as tickets are purchased so we can accommodate your needs. 417-869-1334 (Mon-Fri, Noon-5pm)
- At this time, masks will be required by all audience members, staff and volunteers for this show.
- Temperature checks will be conducted upon arrival.
- Due to seat and social distancing rules, we will not be allowing new group ticketing purchases of 10+ tickets at one time.
- Concessions will not be available during this time.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed around the theatre for your use. Thorough cleaning before, during and after the performances will be done by theatre staff and volunteers.
- To limit congestion in the lobby following the performance, we will dismiss the audience by rows. The lobby will be closed for gatherings following the performances.
We want to ensure that all of our audience members have a safe return to the theatre so please, if you are experiencing any COVID-like symptoms, or feeling ill in any way, please stay home and we’ll see you another time!