As an enthusiastic supporter of the arts, Brewer Science would like to invite you to participate in “Pure Enjoyment,” a juried exhibit at The Creamery Arts Center located in Springfield, MO. “Pure Enjoyment,” which is sponsored by Brewer Science in cooperation with the Springfield Regional Arts Council and Arts Rolla, provides an excellent opportunity for artists and photographers to take part in the First Friday Art Walk and to share their original artwork and photography with patrons in the Springfield region.
Instructions for submitting work and details about the exhibit are provided on the following pages. Please upload up to three (3) JPEGs of your work between August 1 and August 31, 2017, by way of the web location provided in the “Specifications for Jurying” section. Also, please ensure that your files meet all of the requirements stated in that section.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Loretta Wallis or Brewer Science, Inc.
(573) 364-0300 (ext. 1357)
Springfield Regional Arts Council
Corporate Relations Manager
Brewer Science, Inc.
2017 “Pure Enjoyment” Juried Exhibit
Time and Place of Exhibit:
October 6 through 27, 2017
The Creamery Arts Center, 411 N. Sherman Parkway, Springfield, MO 65802
Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Closed Sundays and holidays
Brewer Science will host a reception at The Creamery Arts Center for artists and guests during the First Friday Art Walk, October 6, 2017, from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm. Find out more about First Friday Art Walk at www.ffaw.org.
Specifications for Jurying:
- Jurying will be done from JPEGs. Images need to be clear and in focus Artists may upload up to three (3) JPEGs of ready-for-display artwork that has been created within the last 5 years. No work will be accepted that has previously been exhibited at SRAC/Creamery. JPEGs must be RBG color (NO grayscale), 300 dpi preferred, with a maximum file size of 2MB per JPEG.. Please do not submit unrelated files or documents. JPEGs and artist information can be submitted at the following web location: http://www.brewerscience.com/art-show/
- Please upload your JPEGs between August 1 and August 31, 2017. If you experience difficulties uploading your files, you may call 573-364-0444, ext. 1357, for assistance.
- Artists will be notified of the juror’s decision during the week of September 11 through September 15, 2017.
- Selected art must be ready for installation at the time of delivery. All two-dimensional items must be wired for hanging. Sawtooth hangers will not be accepted.
- Each piece should be identified with the artist’s name and title written or tagged directly on the back/bottom of each piece.
- Artworks that must be suspended from the ceiling are not allowed.
- No wet paintings, etc., will be accepted.
- Final installed size (including frame) must be less than 3 feet in every dimension.
- Only original artwork will be accepted.
- Three-dimensional (3-D) artwork will be included in this show.
- The Creamery Arts Center is a family-friendly venue.
- Works selected for exhibition that are not accurately depicted by JPEGs may be removed from the exhibit at the juror’s discretion.
About The Juror:
Denene Taliaferro received her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia with studio emphasis in fibers and photography. Her extensive knowledge of 2- and 3-dimensional visual arts has assured her selection as a juror and exhibit coordinator at both local and national levels.
Ms. Taliaferro broadens her artistic experiences by both teaching and participating in a wide variety of arts-related workshops, classes, and demonstrations for children and adults. A Springfield native with deep roots in the Ozarks, she is an active member of the local arts community, volunteering her time to various events and activities for the Springfield Regional Arts Council.
Delivery and Pick-Up of Artwork:
Artworks juried into the exhibit are to be delivered to The Creamery Arts Center, 411 N. Sherman Parkway, Springfield, MO 65802, between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm on September 29 or October 2, 2017.
All artwork submitted must be for sale. There is no entry fee; however, a 25% commission will be collected on all artwork sold during the exhibit. Please remember to account for this commission in your selling price. The Springfield Regional Arts Council will accept payments for sold artwork made out to SRAC; Springfield Regional Arts Council will then write a check to the artist for the purchase price less the 25% commission. Pick-up only of sold artwork is offered by the Springfield Regional Arts Council. If necessary, shipping or delivery must be arranged and paid for by the purchaser, or may be negotiable between the purchaser and the artist. PLEASE PROVIDE ACCURATE CONTACT INFORMATION.
Unsold artwork can be picked up at the end of the show, between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, October 30 or October 31, 2017. Works cannot be removed prior to October 27. Please contact Loretta Wallis at (573) 364-0444, ext. 1357 if other arrangements are necessary.
The Springfield Regional Arts Council will be liable for any loss or damage to the works while they are on display at The Creamery Arts Center up to the amount of the sale price. Liability shall not exceed the maximum stipulated in the Springfield Regional Arts Council’s insurance policy.
Directions to The Creamery Arts Center, 411 N. Sherman Parkway, Springfield, MO 65802 (Exhibition and Reception):
From Rolla, MO:
Travel I-44 west for approximately 107.5 miles. Merge onto Schoolcraft Freeway West / US-65 S via Exit 82A toward Branson and proceed for 2.8 miles. Continue traveling US-65 Business, and turn Right onto E. Chestnut Express Parkway. Continue to follow E. Chestnut Express Parkway for approximately 3.1 miles. The traffic light after National Avenue is North John Q. Hammons Parkway / North Sherman Parkway. Turn Left onto North John Q. Hammons Parkway / North Sherman Parkway, and travel approximately 0.2 miles. The Creamery Arts Center is located across the street from the John Q. Hammons Stadium. From Rolla, this location is approximately 115 miles and will take approximately 1 hour and 46 minutes to drive safely.
2017 CALENDAR OF EVENTS for “Pure Enjoyment” Exhibition
Tuesday, August 1, 2017 -Thursday, August 31, 2017
JPEG files are uploaded of up to three pieces of original art or photography.
Monday, September 4, 2017 - Friday, September 8, 2017
Juror selects pieces for exhibit.
Monday, September 11, 2017 - Friday, September 15, 2017
Artists are notified with regard to juror’s selection.
Friday, September 29, 2017 or Monday, October 2, 2017
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Artwork selected for exhibit can be dropped off at The Creamery Arts Center, 411 N. Sherman Parkway, Springfield, MO 65802.
Friday, October 6, 2017
5:00 – 8:00 pm
Reception is held at The Creamery Arts Center, Springfield, MO, for artists and guests and is part of the First Friday Art Walk.
Friday, October 6, 2017 – Friday, October 27, 2017
"Pure Enjoyment" Exhibit is held at The Creamery Arts Center.
Monday through Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Closed Sundays and holidays
Monday, October 30, 2017 or Tuesday, October 31, 2017
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Unsold artwork is picked up.
Please contact the Springfield Regional Arts Council at (417) 862-2787 if other arrangements are required for picking up works of art.