The Springfield Regional Arts Council (SRAC) is pleased to announce the 2015-2016 season of Speaking of the Arts (SOTA). SOTA is a professional development series for artists and arts organizations in the 27-country region served by the SRAC. The series brings in area experts to address trends, best practices, and resources encouraging the arts community to continue to thrive and enhance overall economic and cultural development.
The series began with a presentation by the Missouri Arts Council (MAC) about applying for MAC grants. The second session, led by Winter Kinne of the Community Foundation of the Ozarks, highlighted building donor relationships and the 5% Solution.
SOTA will resume in the New Year with more learning opportunities.
- Community Foundation of the Ozarks Presents Crowdfunding: Online Donors, Real Dollars, January 6 at 10:00am
- Arts Advocacy with Missouri Citizens for the Arts, January 14 at 3:30pm
- Collecting Art: From Beginner to Connoisseur with Nick Nelson at the Springfield Art Museum, March 2 at 10:00am
- Cinemeducation: Film as a Physician’s Educational Tool with Dr. Shelby Hahn, April 14
- Preparing Your Artwork for Exhibitions with Keaton Gotheridge and Stephanie Cramer, April 20 at 4:00pm
All SOTA workshops are at The Creamery Arts Center unless otherwise noted and are provided free of charge to SRAC members. Non-members are asked to pay $10 per workshop or are encouraged to become a member for only $25 per year. The Missouri Arts Council, a state agency, also provides support for the series.
For more information, contact Stephanie Cramer, Director of Programs and Exhibitions, by phone at 417.862.2787(ARTS) or by email at Stephanie@SpringfieldArts.org.