Exhibition Dates: March 1–30, 2024
Drop-Off Dates: Feb 22-24, 2024 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Park Central Branch Library and Springfield Regional Arts Council invites artists to create 2D and 3D artworks for an exhibition inspired by the 2023 One Read book selection, “Remarkably Bright Creatures,” by Shelby Van Pelt.
The show is focusing on themes from the book including:
• Grief and loss
• Love and Acceptance
• Aquatic life
• Pacific Northwest
Please submit your work by filling out this Google Forms link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf4b8sXm9nFur9QKXer00luEjyePbTRJj4ts-V-nM9ul4nsJQ/viewform
Submit up to five digital images of actual works you hope to have selected for the exhibition on the Google Form. Name each file with your first initial, last name, and piece title (example: JSmithTitle). Please include dimensions, media, frame type if applicable, and retail pricing in your form.
Artists will be selected by an anonymous jurying process. All submissions will be notified of acceptance or rejection by Friday, February 9th. All participating artists are expected to drop off works on February 22-24th, 10 a.m.–6 p.m. at the Park Central Branch Library. For more information regarding the show, contact Claire Utley at email@example.com or call (417) 862-2787 or Andrew Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-831-1342
• 2D artwork (including dimension of frame) cannot exceed 36".
• 3D artwork cannot exceed 12" long x 12" wide x 24" high.
• All 2D artworks must either be framed or on gallery wrapped canvas with painted edges.
• Hanging the art requires that the piece be wired with D-rings, attached at least one third from the top of the frame.
• Artwork must weigh no more than 50 lbs.
An opening reception will be held during the First Friday Art Walk at Park Central Branch Library on March 1, 2024, from 6:30–9 p.m. Prizes will be awarded for Best of Show, People’s Choice, and Best 2D, 3D, and Digital Art.
• Submissions Due: Saturday, February 3, 2024, at midnight
• Notification of Acceptance: By Friday, February 9, 2024
• Drop-Off Accepted Artworks: February 22-24, 2024, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
• Pick-Up Artworks: March 28-30,, 2024, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
* Park Central Branch Library does not provide insurance for artwork.